Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Chicken and Brocoli Alfredo

I make this entire recipe home made, so it takes me two days between work and children. If you wanted to use a jarred Alfredo sauce or Prepackaged breaded chicken that would eliminate time and work. Just doctor things I guess where you see fit.

Alfredo Sauce, This is from All Recipies.com but this is the one I use and have used for years. I doubled this recipe to turn it into a casserole type deal.

Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 clove garlic, crushed
  • 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

Directions

  1. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Add cream and simmer for 5 minutes, then add garlic and cheese and whisk quickly, heating through. Stir in parsley and serve.


CHICKEN

1 Pound chicken tenders


Flour Mix:

1 Cup AP flour

1 Teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon poultry seasoning

1 Teaspoon paprika

1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder

1 Teaspoon onion powder


2 Eggs beaten


2 Cups bread crumbs

Take raw and thawed chicken, thoroughly coat chicken in flour/spice mixture, Then into eggs, and then into bread crumbs. I choose to bake mine, You could fry it if you wanted. I bake on 350 for 45 minutes. I remove and place in the fridge over night.

The next day in a large bowl I mix 4 cups of chopped broccoli, chicken and half of a double batch of Alfredo sauce. I boil one box of angel hair pasta. I coat the bottom of the pan with a few spoon fulls of the Alfredo sauce. Then I lay down the cooked pasta. On top I add the mixture of the broccoli, chicken and the sauce. After that I pour the rest of the Alfredo sauce over the entire dish and coat with some Parmesan cheese. Then cook for 30 minutes on 350 in the oven. Easily one of the tastiest things :)


No comments:

Post a Comment