Friday, April 6, 2012

Moving To Hawaii

You read the above correctly, As of the end of this month we are Hawaii bound. Well, actually it will be June before we are in Hawaii but come April 30th we turn the keys to this house over to the housing office on Ft. Riley and pack our final things and say goodbye to Kansas. We will be spending May in Ohio (One weekend in Michigan) and then we get going. I'm nervous, this is our first PCS. However I have calmed down a lot since we first got the orders (I sobbed hysterically). We managed to sell Nathan's car (The army will only pay to ship one, we chose the van) and I have been slowly weeding through the things in storage getting rid of baby items we don't need anymore (We are fairly certain we are finished having children) and cleaning.

I have a hard time thinking that tomorrow I turn 25 and I have already done so much. Age 25 and I have two amazing little boys, a husband and will be living in Hawaii soon. I know some people my age who have yet to settle anyplace other than their parents basement so although I still have a list of things to accomplish (College, Running, establishing a career, ect.) I feel that I have accomplished a lot. I may do things a little backwards (Husband, Family then college) but it's my way. It works for me!

Anyhow, It's birthday party season so we have one to attend later today and I need to go make myself presentable.

No comments:

Post a Comment